Let's be honest: the transition from December to January can be extremely stressful. That's why this season I sought out philosophies and strategies to soothe my cluttered mind and apply as December 31st loomed and January 1st inevitably arrived. Luckily my longings were answered by some likeminded angels in my network.
Here's my January roundup that has guided my need for stress-soothing and intention-setting strategies for the year ahead.
6 resources to soothe your stress this January:
- Listen and laugh with Anne Lamott - 12 truths I learned from life and writing
- The best "new year's resolution" I've ever heard of - Go Deeper, Not Wider
- A freelancer's guide to ambition and peace - Marie Forleo's 3 steps to be ambitious and still have inner peace
- This burrito-themed love story (start at 22:00) - a mini story from CBC's Best of 2017 Podcasts
- A money guide I'm testing out this year - the 50/20/30 rule
- Review your year with this list - your soft skills inventory
Read, listen, reflect, and share with your friends for a more peaceful January.
PS. Currently booking work in Ottawa for January-February and Vancouver for March. Got something in mind? Get in touch here.