1. READ: I'm reading H is for Hawk and I am adoring it. It's about a women who is grieving the death of her father and at the same time she has is taming a hawk. I know nothing about falconry nor did I ever think I would care about it, however the parallels to life that this character draws between taming a hawk and mourning are really something.
2. DO: Just book it. I've been following this an artist named Allison Kunath for a while. I love her work and her approach on life. I told myself a few months ago that if she did a workshop nearby I would go - and yesterday she announced she's doing a workshop in Venice Beach. Why am I sharing this? Because sometimes we think about all the reasons we can't do something (mostly these reasons have to do with money) before we think about why we can do it. I think you should do it.
3. COMMUNITY: I participated in the Fall for Local Spring Market over the weekend to sell my Solstice Series prints. It was my first time doing a market - which was challenging and also very eye opening. I've loved having a print shop but it has also felt like starting a whole new business. Anyone else feel this? Selling a product vs selling a service is SO different, but getting out into the community and meeting/engaging with real people is a lot of fun and a reminder that connecting IRL is hella important. If you're curious about prints, check out the shop here.
4. INSPIRE: This is America.
5. POP-UP: Some work feels distinctly different than all other work. And last year when I decided to channel my plant obsession into my portraits I felt more aligned than ever. That's why I'm really excited to announce PLANTS & PEOPLE II on June 1st, 2018 in Vancouver. This is a special deal that happens only once a year. Booking is open now through May 25, 2018.
Here are some photos from last year's Plants & People...